What is a recipe?
A recipe is a reusable block of code shared on the platform.
- A name: how you call your recipe (e.g.
Read a CSV file)
- A description, optional (e.g.
Recipe that read a CSV file from the local filesystem)
- A set of tags, optional, to organize your recipes
- A block of reusable code that is what is being stored on the platform and reused by other developers.
- A set of imports, optional, that are imports being automatically when importing the recipe.
- A set of keywords that are used to trigger the recipe.
How to create a recipe?
You can create recipes on the platform, using the web interface.
You can also create a recipe directly from your IDE by selecting the text and selecting to create a recipe.
How to share a recipe?
You can share a recipe using a direct link or embed a badge on your website. On the public recipe page, you can share the recipe directly using a badge.
A recipe can be either public or private. You cannot change the recipe visbility once created.
When a recipe is created as public, it's automatically shared and reusable by anybody on the platform.
When a recipe is created as private, only you can reuse it.
Using a recipe
To use a recipe, you need to subscribe to it. You can subscribe to the recipe on the recipe marketplace, once you are logged.
How a recipe get selected in my IDE?
You can search for a recipe directly within your IDE. When looking for a recipe, the matching engine fetch recipes that matches the user requests and recipes keywords.
The matching engine uses the following parameters to select recipes:
- keywords: the engine checks that the keywords from the user request and the keywords from recipes.
- popularity: the engine surfaces recipes that are used and popular.
- rating: the engine avoids unsafe recipes (e.g. recipes flagged as unsafe).
- language: the langauge of the recipe must match the language of the file edited in the IDE.
- libraries: the recipe must be usable with the libraries and language used within the IDE.
What is a cookbook?
A cookbook is a collection of recipes. You can add multiple recipes in the same cookbook.
When a user subscribe to a cookbook, they automatically subscribe to all public recipes within that cookbook.
How to share a cookbook?
You can share a cookbook using a direct link or embed a badge on your website. On the public recipe page, you can share the cookbook directly using a badge.